- How many mice can be housed in an Innocage® Mouse?
- The Innocage® Mouse is sized for 5 mice. It provides 5 inches (12.7 cm) of headroom and over 81 in² (530 cm²) of floor space. The amount of floor space in an Innovive cage exceeds what is recommended for 5 mice in the US Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. It also complies with the European Type II long caging specification.
- How many rats can be housed in an Innocage® Rat?
- The Innocage® Rat is sized for 2 rats. It provides 7 inches (17.8 cm) of headroom and over 140 in² (900 cm²) of floor space. The amount of floor space in an Innovive cage complies with what is recommended for 2 rats (each up to 500g in weight) in US Guide for the Care and Use of Laboratory Animals. It also complies with the European Type III caging specification.
- What is the recommended cage change interval for Innocage® IVC Mouse and Rat cages?
- For Innocage® IVC Mouse, most users perform cage changes every 14 days. Some have extended beyond 14 days when there are less than 5 mice in the cage.
For Innocage® IVC Rat, most users perform cage changes every 7-10 days.
- What is the recommended cage change interval for Innocage® Static Mouse and Rat cages?
- For Innocage® Static Mouse and Rat cages, most users perform a cage change every 5-7 days. It can also be extended beyond 7 days depending on the size and number of animals in the cages.
- What is the shelf life for caging supplies?
- The shelf life for caging supplies is 1 year when kept in original packaging and in good storage conditions (dry environment under 115°F/46°C).
- What is the proper temperature range for storing cages?
- The temperature for storing Innovive caging components should not exceed 115°F/46°C.
- Can the cages be autoclaved?
- Used cages can be autoclaved for decontamination purposes. Please consult with your Innovive representative for the decontamination protocol.
- Can you clean or wash the cages bottoms?
- This is not an intended use for Innovive disposable cages. Reusing cage bottoms introduces the risk of contamination.
- What does it mean when caging is “Research-Ready™”?
- Research-Ready™ means that all Innovive products arrive securely double-bagged and irradiated, and are ready for research use.
- How can I transport cages from one facility to another?
- Any standard Innovive cage can be used to transfer animals between facilities. We also offer the Innocage® Mouse Transportation lid that can be used for longer trips that span up to a week in duration.
- What type of filter paper is in your cage?
- Innovive IVC cages utilize Reemay® filter paper. Innovive static cages utilize Uniblend filter paper.
- What kind of bedding is used in the pre-bedded cages?
- We offer corn cob or ALPHA-dri® for bedding in our pre-bedded cages. We also offer corn cob bedding enriched with Innorichment™.
- How much bedding is used in each cage?
- The amount of bedding used is:
MOUSE RAT M-BTM-C8/C8E – 450 cm³
M-BTM-AD – 450 cm³
R-BTM-C8 – 800 cm³
R-BTM-AD – 800 cm³